Tell AZ Gov. Brewer to Veto SB1070 | Dile a la gobernadora de AZ que VETA SB1070
Haga clic aqui, para leer este mensaje en espanol
We Are All Arizona / Todas y todos somos Arizona!
Stop the Criminalization of Immigrants, End Racial Profiling!
Demand that Governor Brewer Veto SB 1070
SB 1070 was passed by the
Raise your voice now for justice & equality: We are all Arizona
In no small coincidence, on Thursday, April 15,the Department of Homeland Security carried out multiple massive raids in
With one click, help our sister communities in
If signed into law by Governor Jan Brewer, SB 1070 would:
- Criminalize all undocumented immigrants as "trespassers" in the state of
. SB 1070 would subject all undocumented workers and their families to arrest and conviction for misdemeanors, and in some cases felony charges for the new crime of "trespass" (reminiscent of HR 4437, the 2005 'Sensenbrenner bill'). Arizona
- Legalize unchecked racial profiling by police of anyone they "suspect" is undocumented.
- Give police the authority to enforce federal immigration law and arrest people who cannot produce identification proving their legal residency in the
- Give police the power to investigate and entrap employers for hiring undocumented workers.
- Make seeking work illegal for day laborers and force all individuals, regardless of immigration status or citizenship, to carry identification papers or be subjected to detention and even deportation. Public agencies and service providers would have authority to demand identification documents from any person.
We are ALL Arizona
The repercussions of such a law will be devastating for immigrants and all communities of color in
The DHS raid and SB 1070 law in
The VETO of SB 1070 will send a historic signal to Congress, the Obama Administration and the country that the further criminalization of immigrant workers, families and communities will not solve the problem.
Tell Gov. Brewer to VETO SB 1070 and raise your voice for socially just immigration reforms that uplift human rights and dignity.
Thanks to folks at presente.org for their support of the petition process.